3/20/2020 1:20:00 PM
First and foremost, First General extends our sincere appreciation to the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working to contain this coronavirus.
Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation around the clock and have precautions in place to ensure safety for our employees and clients and reinforcing recommendations on the appropriate health and safety measures following the guidance of government and public health officials.
At First General, WE CARE and value the safety of our customers and employees. We would like to share what we have been doing in our operations to stand by our commitment. Our Team at First General is focused on keeping our offices and employees productive, safe and healthy every day and we have enforced preventive measures to control the spread of the virus. As we are in the Emergency Business, these protocols are in place to ensure our business is open during this period of uncertainty and we are available to serve you.
• Restrict business travel outside Canada.
• If employee has travelled, FG will restrict the employee from returning to the workplace for a 14-day period, (imposed self-quarantine).
• Employee is allowed to work from home during the 14-day period.
• Medical clearance/medical testing is required before commencing work to confirm the individual no longer carries
• Office staff will be permitted to work from home if they exhibit any symptoms
• Limit social distancing during non-work hours
• Enact digital thermometer log readings
• A body temperature reading of 38 ° C or higher requires that the employee be placed in auto-quarantine for a period of 14 days
Below are questions we ask customers before we enter their home:
• Is anyone in the home currently experiencing cough and or fever?
• Has anyone in the home, traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
• If so, what country of travel? ______________________________
• Has anyone in the last 14 days been in contact with others who have exhibited any signs of illness of cough and or fever?
Service to Clients
• First General is prepared to deploy resources from various offices and territories to support offices in need. Should an office be stricken with this virus and unable to service our clients due to increased absenteeism, we will provide the office with resources from a neighboring office to support their business and provide required service to our clients.
• First General will also ensure a safe environment and will ask for proper clean and disinfecting of the office environment prior to allowing staff back to work. Our teams across Canada are trained in the correct application of decontamination protocols and use of the specialized and disinfecting agents. It is mandated all our offices follow our protocols. This includes wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
Our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event.
All at First General greatly appreciate everyone’s flexibility and patience as we navigate this unprecedented circumstance together and we thank you for your continued support.
Frank Mirabelli, CEO
First General/Premiere Generale